What is SERI® Surgical Scaphold and where can it be used?
- SERI® Surgical Scaffold is a porous silk structure that provides reinforcement for soft tissue support and repair.
- It is FDA approved to support the ingrowth of your blood vessels and connective tissue in the area where it is placed during the healing; it enhances soft tissue support and repair.
- It is completely free from any human or animal tissues.
- Your body will gradually replace SERI® with your own tissue.
- Dr Kornstein was a one a select group of surgeons invited by Allergan Medical to the prelaunch meeting on SERI.
- He helped pioneer its use in body contour surgery and has published two papers in the esteemed peer review journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. One on its use in brachioplasty and one on body lifts.
- He is a member of Allergan’s advisory panel on SERI and is one of their national spokes people on its use.
- It is most commonly used for the breast, abdomen, arms, thighs and buttock
BODY CONTOURING: improving scars and reducing recurrence after body contour surgery